Dr Rachel Knightley teaches communication and performance skills for all ages and industries.
From LAMDA Exams and Eleven Plus English and Creative Writing to GCSE and A Level Drama, English Language and English Literature for children and teenagers; from auditions, speechwriting and Continued Professional Development to fiction and non-fiction writing and public speaking for professionals, Rachel helps groups and individuals build the skills, confidence and technique to develop their voice and communicate an authentic performance to their audience.
A visiting lecturer at the University of Winchester and former senior tutor and director for the Questors Youth Theatre, Rachel now works from her base in southwest London. Solo rates start at £50 per hour. Sessions currently take place online and are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- I teach online and from my private home addresses. Full address details are only provided once your booking has been invoiced for and paid in full.
- Do not be offended by my refusal to meet you separately to your trial session: meeting a teacher before/instead of a trial session does not benefit the student or parent/guardian, as the teacher is repeating information about content and practise you will not be seeing in action and will have heard already over the telephone.
- All workshop bookings are date-specific and time-specific.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been transferred and acknowledged by email. The sooner payment is made, the sooner your booking will be finalised.
- Twenty-four hours’ notice is required to postpone a private booking. Otherwise, the full session fee will be charged.
- I reserve the right to refuse bookings and services at my discretion. I will cease working with a client if his/her manner should become aggressive, offensive or abusive, or if I judge that I cannot provide an appropriate level of, or time for, tuition.